Praise the Lord it is Friday!!!!
Another week where I am reminded of why I started Friday Five, and probably a couple more to come. But then, well then is a whole other story!!!
So, my Friday Five for this week.........
five of my favorite fall/winter desserts!!!!! I have discovered a love for baking recently and it is wonderful!!! It is also why I started running for exercise again. :)
1. Pecan Pie - yum. absolutely yum. Pecan pie is just delicious, when it is done right. When it is not, it's still ok, but such wasted potential.
2. Pumpkin dump cake. It's a new favorite for me and I promise it is much tastier than it sounds. My whole family loves it!!
3. Pumpkin Pie. Pretty much anything with pumpkin is a fall favorite for me. I just love it!! so yummy and healthy too, though I think the other stuff added to it may not be. we can't just keep that to ourselves.
4. Caramel apple cider. Okay so I first discovered this at a coffee shop, and after about the second time of paying like $4 for one cup, I decided I could make it myself. And man is it yummy!!! I know it is more of a drink than a dessert, but after you add the caramel and the whipped cream, it kind of falls into the dessert category.
5. And finally, Christmas-season 'candy'!!! My mom always made such delicious sweets during the holidays. Marthas, Georgia's, gingerbread men, sugar cookies in fun shapes, pecan puffs, and almond bark crunch. Oh the yummy memories. And now we have added Oreo balls and cake balls. ummmmmmm
okay so now that i have made us all hungry, what are some of you favorite seasonal desserts?
i off to bake something!!!
"This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it."