Psalm 18:1-2

I will love thee, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.
Psalm 18:1-2


Monday, September 3, 2012

Just like her mama.

I love being a mom.  Some days are hard and challenging and I have to remind myself that I do indeed love being a mom.  But, then there are those days when you feel it to the very core of your being.  Those days when you rejoice in the simplest things and you feel like you are walking on air. 

It is also very humbling to think on the huge, pivotal, lasting role a mother plays in her children's lives.  It brings me to my knees.  And even more so lately, as I realize each day how much like me my little princess is.  She is absolutely precious (though that is not what makes her like me:)).  And she is stuck on me like glue; doing what I do, watching what I watch, saying what I say.  It is down-right scary!!!  Especially for hubbie who happens to think one of me is quite enough.  I could write a post about how this phenomenon takes me to the Lord more so that I can be someone worth copying, and how she is a great mirror of some issues I need to let the Lord handle, and how I must decrease so that He can increase in her.  But that is not what this post is about.

This post is about baking, specifically apple pie.  Anytime I am in the kitchen, it is almost a guarantee that I will be joined by two individuals.  One is my dog.  She is a smart dog, and she knows that if I am in the kitchen, something yummy is coming out.  The other is Princess.  I love it when she says, "Mom, can I help you?"  We made two apple pies today; one for a neighbor and one for us.  We actually made one for the neighbor last week but it just smelled so good that it never actually made it to the neighbor.  So we decided to bake two this time; just to be safe.  Working in the kitchen with Princess has become one of my favorite activities.  It is such a special time with just us.  She is always asking questions and wanting to learn and do new things.  Many times she even wears an apron, just like her mama.  Because I wear one just like my mama.  I am thankful my mama spent time with me in the kitchen, letting me ask questions and copy her every move.  And I am thankful that she taught me how to be a mama to my Princess in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment