Psalm 18:1-2

I will love thee, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.
Psalm 18:1-2


Monday, September 17, 2012

Busy, busy, busy

Is exactly what the next three weeks will be!  To say I am feeling a little overwhelmed is an understatement.  I am feeling COMPLETELY overwhelmed.  But like a friend told me, it's in a good way.  A lot of changes are happening in our lives right now, good changes to be sure, but still busy. 

It seems so crazy, but for the last few months we have purposely stepped away from some things in order to be less busy.  Yet, it seems the more we step away from, the busier we have become.  I know it doesn't make sense, but it is true. 

I think much of our busyness is because of a change in priorities.  Things that used to be so important, are just not anymore.  The Lord is opening our eyes to things that are eternally important, and for those it seems there is never enough time.  But the time is of the Lord as well, and He is showing us more and more of that also. 

Time is a gift, a gift that is not infinite.  It passes far too quickly and before we know it, it's gone.

Ann Voskamp says that the way to slow time down is to live in the moment.  To not live in the past or the future but to be here. Now.

So despite the overwhelming feeling, and the busyness that will be the next few weeks, I will not desire them to speed on by, though they will anyway.  I will see the Lord in every moment.  I will cherish the gift of time He has given.   I will slow down, even if time does not.

"This is the day that the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

No comments:

Post a Comment