This week my Friday Five are some of my favorite black and white movies. I just love a good movie, and in my opinion, the older ones are some of the best.
1. The Philadelphia Story. This fabulous movie stars Cary Grant, Katherine Hepburn, and Jimmy Stewart in one of the smartest, wittiest takes on some of the heaviest issues of life.
2. Holiday Inn starring Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire. This is a family favorite any time of year.
3. Bringing Up Baby. Again, we have Cary Grant and Katherine Hepburn in a hilarious comedy for all ages.
4. Casablanca. This is one of hubbie's favorites, and mine as well. A true classic starring Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman.
5. This last one was tough because there are so many wonderful black and whites, but I would be remiss if I left out one of the all time greatest comedy dance teams - Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers. This particular trailer is for the movie Swing Time, but really any Fred and Ginger movie is a winner.
Okay, there are my five for Friday.
How about you? Any favorite old-time movies?