Psalm 18:1-2

I will love thee, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.
Psalm 18:1-2


Wednesday, September 12, 2012

A Prayer of Thanks

Abba Father,

Thank you.  Thank you for giving us the opportunity to sponsor children through Compassion.  Thank you for how You have used it to teach us that we are not called to sit by the side and do nothing.  You have called us to serve, as Christ set the example.

Thank you for how you are working through the local churches, empowering individuals to break free from the bondage of poverty; poverty of spirit as much as poverty of physical needs.  Thank you for the pastors of the local churches that love and obey You, and love and serve the children, and their families. 

Thank you for the multitudes that have come to faith in Christ through the work of Compassion.  Thank you for how You are changing lives and making things new. 

Father you are so mighty and holy and good, and it is truly amazing to see the work of Your hands. It is so very humbling to be used by You, and  overwhelmingly gracious and merciful at how You are using these children to change our lives as well.


Father these children need to know You, more than they need food or water or an education.  But in Your great mercy, You are revealing Yourself to them through food and water and education.  Only You, Lord. Only You.

Thank you Father. Thank you for your love, to us, in us, and through us.

I love you,
Rebecca


No comments:

Post a Comment