Psalm 18:1-2

I will love thee, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.
Psalm 18:1-2


Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Life of a Homeschooler

Today the kids made boats out of magnolia leaves and maple leaves. They actually worked!!!  My son 'had' to take a bath just to make sure.  He said they lost a few little people in the battle, but the boats were a success.

We also painted shields and swords, made Christmas sugar cookies, and went to the library, not to mention school.  I told my son on the way home from the library that I just wanted some time to sit and do nothing because I felt like all we have done today is go, go, go. 

He said, "I feel like that every day."

So true.

I sure thought that 'staying home' would give me a little more time.  Boy was I wrong!!

But it is so amazing; I absolutely love it!

Next week we will start making all of our Christmas goodies.  Since the kids are not in 'school' we will not need to give as many away.  That's too bad :)  More for me!!  I mean, us.

I'll end with this.

While we were making sugar cookies, I told the kids that the Lord was using them to teach mommy.  Yes, I was a little 'stressed' with all the flour mountains and homemade concoctions. 

But Princess was in awe.  She said, "Wow, God is using us!"

Oh that I would have that same awe when the Creator of the heavens and the earth, my Savior, chooses to use me.

"For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them." Eph. 2:10

No comments:

Post a Comment