Psalm 18:1-2

I will love thee, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.
Psalm 18:1-2


Thursday, December 6, 2012

It never ends

The kids and I went to a birthday party at a local park.  It was a gorgeous day and perfect for the park. The birthday boy and his family are in the same homeschool co-op that we are, and of course there were several homeschoolers in attendance.  The kids had a blast playing with all their friends, and I got to visit with some of the other homeschool moms.


While visiting with a couple of the moms, we shared similar stories about the comments and 'looks' homeschoolers sometimes receive, especially when we are out and about in the middle of the day. We laughed at the funny, and sometimes embarrassing, things are kids say regarding their schooling, and how they always seem to say them to those people.  You know, the ones who already think we just sit in our pajamas all day and watch movies or play video games.  Sometimes I wonder if kids inherently know to say the wrong things to the wrong people!!

I have to be honest, having other mothers to talk with and compare with and brainstorm with is one of the greatest blessings of this group.  It is such a relief to know that we are not the only people out there who really believe in what we are doing. I have learned lots of tricks of the trade and gotten a lot of cool ideas from this amazing group of ladies. Plus, it is a Christian co-op so we also share about our faith, our parenting, and just, our lives in general, from a Godly perspective with Godly advice and encouragement.  This is priceless to me.  

Another great thing about this particular group of ladies is the ability to just laugh it off, and trust in the Lord. No matter what people say. And people will say what they will, and will probably never stop.  All I can do is what He has instructed me to do - trust in the Lord with all my heart, lean not on my understanding, rejoice always, pray ALL THE TIME, and give thanks, even for the naysayers.   

No comments:

Post a Comment