Psalm 18:1-2

I will love thee, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.
Psalm 18:1-2


Monday, December 3, 2012

One of those days

'Good morning Mom, I was bit by a spider!'

That will wake you up better than a cup of coffee!  I hate spiders.  I mean I REALLY hate spiders.  So, when my son told me this morning that he had been bit, and it was really swollen, and then when I looked at it and saw to two little dots, well, let's just say I called my mommy and deep cleaned his room, almost immediately.

He is fine now, but you wouldn't waste a prayer if you said one for him, and his mom.

Also, my daughter lost a tooth today.  YEA!  This particular tooth has been loose for almost two months, and that is just too long.  I could constantly hear my dad's voice in my head telling me 'it has to be pulled, it has to be pulled, or it will mess up her teeth forever!'  

It was a team effort to get this one out; mommy is not a fan of pulling someone's teeth.  It's just kind of weird.  But we did it, and now I have to put money under her pillow, or so I am told by one excited toothless girl.  I hope she accepts quarters :)

I just have to say that after the craziness of this day, I need something lighthearted.  So, I am going to brag on my children.  I know, I know.  Bragging is not polite.  I really have no excuse other than that the most wonderful highlights of the day involved my kids doing some really cool stuff.

Sister helped her brother and I as we cleaned his room.  She dusted and swept and put away Legos, all without one complaint. 

They both did their school work diligently, and without arguing.

At Walmart, both of them eagerly helped me with the groceries, though that may have been because they were ready to leave asap.  They shopped for the Angel Tree girl and boy with enthusiasm and excitement, without one concern for themselves.  They were excited to get things the other child would really like.  They went and got help when I spilled the black paint on the floor, and they said things like 'Excuse me' and 'Thank you.' 

In the midst of the chaos of today, my children shined bright with the Light.

And I am ever so grateful to be with them, to see it and not miss it.


No comments:

Post a Comment