Psalm 18:1-2

I will love thee, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.
Psalm 18:1-2


Tuesday, October 30, 2012

What she does

When the evening comes, and the kids are bathing, and supper is over, and the kitchen is cleaned, this is the time I should come to the blog.  This is the time I should write about our day, about the pumpkin carving, the long walks, the great discussions, the funny jokes.  This is the time I record it all here, and share with you.  But, by this time of the day, I am exhausted.  Completely.  It has been a day well spent, and it has spent me.

So, I hope you will forgive my inconsistency on the blog lately, and in the future.

But today I want to share with you, and to be honest I am not exactly sure where this is going but it is on my heart to share.

In Warrior's language arts studies he is putting together a time capsule.  He is very excited about this, as he is sure that people in years to come, millions of years is what he is thinking, will greatly benefit from his knowledge and information.  He has said some of the sweetest things about this project, but if I tell you about them it will embarrass him.   I will, however, tell you a little story about what he did today.  Part of the assignment is to make a sheet about each member of your family telling who he/she is and what he/she does.  Today was the day he made one for me and one for his dad.  Well, dad was first, and his list contained words like 'awesome' and 'friendly' for who he is and a list of about 6 words describing what all he does.  Pretty cool, right?  Right.  It is so great that our kids think so much of their dad; he is a pretty great guy.

Now it was time for mom's list.  Mom did not get near as many words as dad for who she is, and she sure didn't get 'awesome', but that is not the best part.  What ALL does mom do?  Well, apparently the only thing mom does is teach, because the only word I got was 'teacher'. 

That's it.

What does she do? ' Teacher'

At first I was a little hurt.  I mean I 'do' all the time, surely I do more than just teach. 

But when he explained it to me, I was humbled and touched.  He said that I teach, all over the place.  I teach at church in a few different settings, including his Sunday school class.  I teach at home.  I teach.  According to my son, that is what I do. 

And really, that's not so bad.  That is the job God gave me, especially with my children.

"And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up." Deut. 6:6-7

So, if anyone wants to know what I do - I teach.


No comments:

Post a Comment