Whew! What a week it has been!
Days full of school, cleaning, Lego club, gymnastics, cub scouts, car maintenance, more car maintenance, car repair, ELO, much more school, walks, laughing, and lots more.
And now it is Friday.
Time for Friday Five!!!
My Friday Five for this week is............ five of my favorite books!! (Not my five favorites, mind you. These are in no particular order and I have many favorites.)
And the Bible is my all-time favorite, so it is therefore above the list!!
1. Radical by David Platt. This is a great book about the conflict between the American Dream and being a disciple of Christ. This book made a HUGE impact in my life. Huge.
2. Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen. Oh my, I am a huge Jane Austen fan. I love happy endings and her books always have a happy ending. Plus the writing is fabulous and full of wit and insight.
3. The Mark of the Lion series by Francine Rivers (A Voice in the Wind, An Echo in the Darkness, and As Sure as the Dawn). These three books are amazing, period. I remember when my sister let me borrow the first one and I was completely lost in the story and so wrapped up that when I got to the end ....... Well, I don't want to ruin it for you, but let's just say that you should have the second close by.
4. Okay, this next one is really good and you may just have to take my word on it. The Ranger's Apprentice series by John Flannagan. Yes, I know it is technically found in the youth room of the library, but it is a REALLY, REALLY great series (there are 11 books), especially if you have or are a young male. The entire series is excellently written and espouses virtues such as loyalty, integrity, honor, and respect.
5. And last but not least, One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp. This book really opened my eyes to how much I, and most of us, overlook God's gifts every day, and for just how much I have to be grateful. I know there was some controversy regarding the last chapter, which I did read but decline to comment on here. Nevertheless, even if one chose not to read the last chapter, the book has some great insights.
Okay, so there you have it. Some of my favorite books, and mind you, there are many, many more. This is just a sampling.
So, what are some of your favorites??
And now, I think I will read A Voice in the Wind again. Or The Ranger's Apprentice. Oooohhhh, or Pride & Prejudice!!!
Have a blessed weekend!
This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it!!