Psalm 18:1-2

I will love thee, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.
Psalm 18:1-2


Monday, October 15, 2012

Getting it

Wow! What a ride we are on!

It has been a little over a week since I began this journey in earnest, leaving one job behind to take up another, and I can honestly say I love it.  Is it easy breezy nice and easy all the time? NO!  Do we have our days?  No, we have our moments, every day.  Nevertheless, I love it.  It just feels so natural, and peaceful. 

Oh, and exhausting! 

It is like I never stop.  (I know my mom is laughing hysterically right now if she is reading this; her and Ms. L.) 

Seriously though, it is constant.  

It is amazing how much children want to soak up from their parents, even after having mom as a teacher all day.  My daughter still climbs up into my lap at night, still wants to help me in the kitchen, still wants mom to read her a bedtime story.  I know this season is short, which is why I am purposely resting in it while I can, and being constantly grateful for it.

I also love that I can teach again.  Oh I guess I never really stopped, but it stopped being what I 'did'. 

I love that moment as a teacher when the student finally 'gets it', you know.  The light bulb that finally turns on, the switch that finally flips, the moment of understanding.  It is such a wonderful thing to share with any student, but I am discovering the pure joy of sharing it with my children all day.  It is absolute delight to see their faces light up with comprehension, and then listen as they explain it back to me with such exuberance.  I love rejoicing with them, and encouraging them as they apply it.  I especially love it when it was a concept that was so daunting before, the one thing they could never understand, the one thing they could never do.  Oh the joy!!

And you know, I believe the Lord takes the same delight in us when we finally 'get it'.  When that light bulb finally comes on.  I can just imagine His rejoicing in our moment of understanding.  

There is so much about Him I still don't 'get', but there is no greater joy than the pursuit of Him.  Than pressing on for that moment of clarity, that moment of enlightenment. 

That moment where I get a little clearer glimpse of Christ.

"Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own." Phil. 3:12

No comments:

Post a Comment