Psalm 18:1-2

I will love thee, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.
Psalm 18:1-2


Monday, November 19, 2012

Love

The Sunday school lesson this week was about love;  1 Cor. 13 to be exact.  You know, the 'love' chapter.  As we discussed the definition of love and its different aspects, I asked the class who they knew that exhibited this kind of love.

Silence.

They all said the same thing - no one.

Yeah, me neither.  Of all the people that I know, including myself, no one shows this kind of love.  Maybe certain aspects of it, like patience or kindness.  But not the whole package all the time.   Think of all the people you know.  Anyone?  I didn't think so.

There is no one who loves like that.

Oh wait.  I do know someone.  There is this one guy.

He is patient, kind, never envious, not boastful, not proud.  He is a gentleman, never rude, selfish, or short-tempered.  He doesn't remind me of every wrong thing I have ever done.  He does not rejoice in iniquity but in truth.  He protects.  He is faithful.  He is my hope.  He never fails.

He embodies this entire definition.  He is love.

He is one amazingly awesome guy. 

His name is Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment