Psalm 18:1-2

I will love thee, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.
Psalm 18:1-2


Monday, November 5, 2012

I'm cool??

Did you know that I am cool?

What?  You didn't?

Yeah, me neither.  But apparently, I am.

You see, there is this one little girl, who is absolutely precious in her own right, who thinks I am the coolest around.  At least she must because not only does she want to be with me all the time, she copies almost everything I do.

Scary, right?

But it is also amazing, and humbling.

She wants to dress like me, talk like me.  She definitely acts like me.  She wants to wash her face the same way I wash mine, with the same wash (which is oil, and is totally safe for her).  She wants to use the same shampoo and conditioner, the same body wash.  She wants to cook and to teach and to lead, which is just another way of saying 'to boss'.  And as an added bonus, she wants to be with me, constantly.

She likes me.  I mean, she really likes me.

I may have posted about this before, and if I have I am sorry.  There are just these moments where it just hits me.  The awesome, overwhelming, beautiful, humbling responsibility God has given me as her mother.

Who is she really seeing when she looks at me?  While she is copying me, who am I copying?  The world?  My own flesh?

Or, am I copying the only One Worthy?  When she sees me, does she see Him?  When she is spending constant time with me, is she also with Him?

That's a lot of pressure, right? Right. It is. A lot of pressure. 

Which is actually the beauty of it all.

Because with all that pressure, there is only one place for me to go - on my knees at His feet.

He is my only hope for her.  And the more she copies me, the more I run to Him.  The more the pressure builds, the more I realize my constant need for Christ.

"But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfill the lusts thereof."  Romans 13:14

No comments:

Post a Comment