Psalm 18:1-2

I will love thee, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.
Psalm 18:1-2


Saturday, February 9, 2013

Somewhat of an update





 Things have been a tad busy around here the last couple of weeks.  Big changes are coming.  I guess I should say 'MORE' big changes are coming.
  It has been an eventful year thus far.  Blessed for sure, but eventful nonetheless.
 The last three weeks have been especially full of activity, and fast-paced activity at that.
 So, the other day we took a walk through some neighborhoods in our small town. A quiet afternoon.  A chance to slow down and be still.

 It was a beautiful day, a very 'spring-like' day for the middle of winter. 
 We found this creek and explored up and down its banks.  I grew up on a farm and spent many days wandering along creeks, and in the woods.  I am so glad that my kids have the opportunity to do the same, especially since we live in town.  The beauty of small town America.
 This frog is a new favorite. He makes me smile.
 So does this one. 
 As I was looking through the pictures again, and thinking about the craziness that has been our lives the last few weeks, I was reminded of Psalm 46.
"God is our refuge and strength,   a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way, though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea,  though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains tremble at its swelling. Selah There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, the holy habitation of the Most High.God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved; God will help her when morning dawns. The nations rage, the kingdoms totter; he utters his voice, the earth melts. The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress. SelahCome, behold the works of the Lord, how he has brought desolations on the earth. He makes wars cease to the end of the earth; he breaks the bow and shatters the spear; he burns the chariots with fire.
10 “Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!” 11 The Lord of hosts is with us;  the God of Jacob is our fortress. "

He WILL be exalted.

2 comments:

  1. Using update in the loosest sense of the word? :) Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, i said 'somewhat' :) thanks!

    ReplyDelete