Psalm 18:1-2

I will love thee, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.
Psalm 18:1-2


Sunday, September 2, 2012

Seasons

Fall is almost upon us, and I am so excited!! I love fall. I love the smells. I love the colors. I love the crisp air. I love the baking. I really love the baking.  I just really enjoy fall, especially since Christmas follows right behind!!  And yes I am one of those people.  I told Warrior that I was going to make a pumpkin pie the other day, and he said, 'you can't! It's too early.'  I told him I could too, but that he didn't have to eat any if it was too early.  He quickly relented his earlier critique and gave his consent :) 

Seasons of the year are fun, and for the most part pretty easy to deal with.  We know what to expect and about how long it will last.  There really aren't too many surprises.  Seasons of life, however, are another story.  Sometimes we can see them coming and sometimes they hit us like a brick wall.  Some are short while others seem to go on for eternity.  There are seasons of great joy and seasons of gut-wrenching sorrow.   When some seasons end, we grieve; with others, we rejoice.

And there are those transitions from one season to the next that bring both joy and sadness.

I am entering a new season, and though I am sad to see the old pass, I am excited to be a part of what the Lord has in store in the new.  For the last three and a half years I have had the privilege, and it has been a privilege, to teach the college/young adult class at my church.  This has been so much fun; seriously delightful!!!  They have challenged, questioned, searched and dug deep into God's Word and have driven me to do so as well.  They are an amazing group of young people and I love each and every one.  I can not fully put into words how precious they are to me.  It has been a true honor to walk beside them, not just in studying the Scriptures, but in life.  This class has taught me so much about sincerity and transparency and truth.  We have had fun and not-so-fun discussions; we have agreed and we have agreed to disagree.  We have laughed and we have cried.  And most importantly, we have sought Him.

But the seasons are changing, and the Lord has called me elsewhere.  I am excited about this new season.  I will get to teach a much younger class, Warrior's class.  It will be different but I know the Lord has a plan and a purpose.  This is a pivotal age, the preteen years.  An age where truth must be louder than the lies surrounding and bombarding them.  An age of discovery, and for many, an age of decision.   So it is with much prayer and humility that I embark on this new journey.

Despite the season, there are some things I just know, and sometimes, in some seasons, I have to remind myself that I know them.

The Lord is with me always. He never leaves me nor forsakes me.   Heb. 13:5

The Lord is sovereign over all things.  Dan. 2:20-22  Col. 1:16-17

The Lord is good, and He does good.  Ps. 119:68  Rom. 8:28

He is my portion. In Him I am complete and content, whatever the season. Ps.16:5  Col. 2:10   Phil. 4:11-13

I am being conformed to the image of His Son, for His glory.  2Cor. 3:18  Is. 43:7

and finally, Christ Jesus is totally worth it!!  

Phil. 3: 8-12

In Christ,
Rebecca















No comments:

Post a Comment